Has Anyone Seen My Tooth?


The work continues and we continue to enjoy our little part of it. No visits to the beach this week but full. THis week I had another opportunity to go out with the Elders in Nizau. I have to say this is really fun. We taught and invited. Does it get any better than that? To teach people about Christ and his restored Gospel then invite others to act on those teachings. ONe experience was with a less active member (really he's inactive, I'm not sure why we say less active when someone really is inactive). He was someone that they were looking for. When they found him last week, he had been drinking and had a bottle of beer in his hand. The missionaries asked him if he was a member. He said no. Then the missionaries asked him again. This time he put his beer bottle in his pocket and said, "now I am". That's pretty funny. I liked this guy before I even met him. I had a great experience. I wanted to tell him that God loves him and that is why we were there and I wanted to tell him that there was nothing he could do to make God stop loving him. I was unsure if I could say that in Spanish and make since. I asked Elder Hodsun if he could translate form me and then I started talking in Spanish and told him everything I felt in my heart. It just came out in Spanish. I invited him to come back and to just start with one thing at a time. It was an amazing feeling to me to be able to express myself to him in a very personal way. I'm not sure exactly what the gift of tongues is but I have been praying everyday for it and if that wasn't it at least it was a taste of it.

For the past few months I have been having some tooth pain but have been avoiding the dentist. I finally went. The office visit including x rays was $10. I was given a prescription for Some antibiotic and it cast almost 3 times the office visit. AS it turned out I had a cracked root that had gotten infected. The worst part of this is that it was in a tooth that I have had 2 root canals and it has a crown. To make a long story short I lost my most expensive tooth. It cost $60 (the only good news)

Last week our mission President was interviewing in the South part of the mission and felt numbness in one side. When he was taken to the Hospital he was told that it was a TIA ( a temporary condition). However when he came back to Santo DOmingo further tests showed that he had a stroke. On Tuesday he flew to Salt Lake for further testing. We have not heard what is going to happen or how he is doing. With how hard this calling is I think this must happen more often than I thought. One of the Area 70's named Elder Fortuna is now presiding over the mission. He has been a mission President so he has just jumped in with confidence which is exactly what the missionaries needed. We pray for President Santos. We hope he can return. He really loves the work.

I love being a member of the church where there is a clear line of authority. Weston and Madison are coming for Christmas this week. We can't wait to see them. We wish all of our kids could come. This is going to be a very busy week for sure

Have a great week.
Your friends,
Hermana y Elder Borup


PS sorry for the miss spellings. I'm sure there are many but for some reason the spellcheck is not working. How do I know this? It's impossible for me to write more than one sentence without a correction.

Missionaries were locked out  of the Church

Just a pig walking down the street in Nizau
Waiting to get into the Building for the Missionary Christmas program
A couple from our Branch in Nizau. Brian is the Young men's president and my first friend in the Branch (he's very patient)
Our Nizau Branch missionaries waiting for their investigators.
Hermana Borup with some sisters in the branch. 
On our visit to the hospital to see President this love seat caught our attention. 
The area office needed a picture of our license plate. They got a little more.
This nativity scene was set up by our neighbor at the bottom of our staircase. Those are white bricks.
I walk this alley almost every day. 
One of my many friends in the alley.
I want this suit. 
Another missionary Christmas program
Not sure he was real thrilled at the Christmas program.
His sister isn't much more excited.
This is what a member missionary's license plate looks like.
A local money lender. Notice the shape of the horizontal line in the "G"
Just a little commuting entertainment
Did I mention I had a tooth pulled this week?
I don't really want to smile. It might or might not reveal a hole.
Just a walk in the woods on our P-day
The Hermanas of the Nizau Branch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hurricane Maria

SLOW DOWN!